2023 The questions must be answered in APA format with a 100 word minimum
Biology 2023 Catherine Owens
The questions must be answered in APA format with a 100 word minimum and using the uploaded book. Please cite each answer.
The reference is:
Daempfle, P. (2016). Essential biology: An applied approach. Dubuque, IA: Kendall Hunt.
1. List 3 ways a person can best become biologically literate.
2. According to the characteristics of life discussed in the course, a rock is not considered life. Choose one characteristic of life to defend why a rock is not life.
3. Name two kingdoms described in the six-kingdom system of taxonomy. Describe two differences between the two kingdoms. How are the two kingdoms the same?
4. Compare how ionic, covalent and polar covalent bonds differ from each other. Be sure to include the following terms in your comparison: electronegativity, polarity and stability?
5. For question #4 above, give an example of a compound formed by each of the bonds described and explain how it formed. Make sure to include the electron arrangement around the atoms.
6. ATP plays a major role in life’s processes. Describe how the activities of the single celled Amoeba are dependent upon ATP.
7. Why is carbon the backbone of life? Describe the characteristics of carbon that make it our unique building block.
8. Define the following terms: passive transport, active transport and receptor-mediated endocytosis. List one way each of the terms differs from the others.
9. ATP plays a major role in life’s processes. Explain how the sodium-potassium pump plays a role in secondary active transport.
10. Explain what is involved with the fluid mosaic model of the cell. In addition, specify which macromolecules are involved and describe the role(s) associated with them.
11. A battle between an amoeba and a single-celled protist, chilomonas ensues. The amoeba wins, but the large piece of chilomonas is too big to pass through the plasma membrane of the amoeba to eat. Describe the process by which the amoeba absorbs and digests the chilomonas.
Once you get frustrated and struggling to accomplish your assignment/homework on time, you need online assignment help. Essay Answers understands your needs and provides you with reliable degree-holding specialists to complete your projects at affordable prices.
Essayanswers.org is a professional and outstanding service with
- Support members available online 24/7 ready to assist you;
- Masters/Degree-holding experts in programming, mathematics, etc.;
- Responsible attitude and on-time delivery;
- Pocket-friendly prices that fit into your budget;
- Secure payment methods and 100% confidentiality;
- & even FREE questions and answers service!
We want to satisfy customers with their positive experience received here – at www.essayanswers.org. We are open to communication and happy to assist our clients.