2023 M4A1 Create Your Own Bacterial Key Throughout the previous modules you have gained information on the methods used
Biology 2023 MICROBIOLOGY AND INDUSTRY
Throughout the previous modules you have gained information on the methods used to distinguish different bacteria from one another. This activity serves to reinforce the concepts associated with biochemical tests, help you learn the metabolic strategies associated with individual or groups of bacteria, and strengthen your understanding of basic morphological differences. For this assignment, you are to choose one (1) of the groups, either A) oral/respiratory tract pathogens and commensals, or B) urogenital pathogens and commensals or C) gastrointestinal tract pathogens and commensals, and develop a key based on differential staining and culturing, morphology and the suite of biochemical tests available to identify bacteria.
A) Typical oral/respiratory tract pathogens and commensals –
M4A2: Project 1 (I chose the topic Pseudomonas)
You are the science reporter for your local newspaper. Your editor asks you to write an article on a major topic within the general field of microbiology. He stipulates that in this article you need to include the following three things:
1. An historical timeline for the major scientific discoveries that has led to our current understanding of the topic.
2. A summary of our current understanding of the topic.
3. A projection of where the next major advance or breakthrough in your topic will come from.
For project 1 you will do your background research. Specifically, you will choose a suitable topic, identify appropriate resources, and generate a brief outline of the article which you will write for Project 2. Your topic must fall under the following subheadings:
· Microbiology and human health
· Microbiology and the environment
· Microbiology and agriculture
· Microbiology and industry
1. Consult your textbook to choose a topic under one of the four subheadings listed above. For example, from the area Microbiology and industry, you might examine the use of organisms by the alcoholic beverage industry. More specifically, are you interested in wine and the grapes that produce it? You could investigate the actions of a fungus called “noble rot” or the cultures involved in the fermentation of the grapes. [Need help choosing a topic?]
2. Email your topic to your instructor for approval.
3. Once your receive instructor approval, do some background research on your topic to get more familiar with it. Using the Credo Reference and/or Britannica Online: Academic Edition databases, find 1-2 articles/encyclopedia entries on your topic that will help you complete your Project 2 article. You can access these databases from the Library’s Background Information page.
4. Now that you have some grounding in your topic, find 5-6 peer-reviewed research articles that will help you complete your Project 2 article using the Library’s OneSearch tool. OneSearch is found on the Library’s homepage. Watch the OneSearch Tips video for assistance getting started. [Note: In OneSearch you can limit your results to peer-reviewed journals.]
5. You should now have a total of at least 7 sources to use for your Project 2 article.
6. After reading the sources, think of the main points that you will cover and develop an outline for your Project 2 article. [Need help writing an outline?]
7. In a single Word document, submit your outline and list of at least 7 sources (references) in APA format and place it in the appropriate assignment dropbox. [Need help with APA format?]
Once you get frustrated and struggling to accomplish your assignment/homework on time, you need online assignment help. Essay Answers understands your needs and provides you with reliable degree-holding specialists to complete your projects at affordable prices.
Essayanswers.org is a professional and outstanding service with
- Support members available online 24/7 ready to assist you;
- Masters/Degree-holding experts in programming, mathematics, etc.;
- Responsible attitude and on-time delivery;
- Pocket-friendly prices that fit into your budget;
- Secure payment methods and 100% confidentiality;
- & even FREE questions and answers service!
We want to satisfy customers with their positive experience received here – at www.essayanswers.org. We are open to communication and happy to assist our clients.