2023 In the mid 1950s the first study linking cigarette smoking to lung cancer was
Biology 2023 biology 6
In the mid-1950s, the first study linking cigarette smoking to lung cancer was published. In the decades that followed, many other studies supported this finding and a host of other health-related effects attributed to smoking were uncovered.
Over the last few decades, cities and states have created local regulations prohibiting smoking in certain public places. In 2009, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration was given regulatory authority of all tobacco products.
Chapter 20 of your textbook begins with a comparison of two sources of inhalable nicotine: traditional tobacco cigarettes and E-cigarettes. Because E-cigarettes are a relatively new technology, less is known about the long-term effects of the firsthand and secondhand inhalation of vaping products. However, in recent years they have been treated and regulated similarly to traditional cigarettes.
Your assignment for this unit is to create a 10- to 12-slide PowerPoint presentation that covers the following elements:
- the anatomy and physiology of respiration (e.g., explain how breathing works);
- the effects of the inhalation of smoke and E-cigarette vapor on gas exchange in the lungs;
- specific diseases associated with smoking, both pulmonary and cardiovascular; and
- lastly, based on what you know about E-cigarettes from the reading and your own research, defend or oppose the regulation of vaping products as traditional cigarettes.
You will need to cite and reference at least one article from the CSU Library databases as one of your sources of information.
CSU Library Database Instructions
- Open the CSU Online Library link in your student portal.
- Under “discovery search,” click the tab for “articles.””
- In the keyword search field, type keyword “vaping” and/or “E-cigarette” to find articles that cover this topic. You may get different results doing separate searches for each keyword. The keywords “electronic cigarette” may also be used.
- From the list of available articles that comes up, select one that interests you.
- Click on the article link, then click on “PDF full text or HTML full text,” and read the article. (Note: Not all articles will provide the full text; if your choice does not, you will have to select a different article.)
- Discuss what you learned from your chosen articles in 1-2 slides in your presentation. Cite the article according to APA guidelines, and list it on your references slide.
PowerPoint slides should not contain a lot of text; use speaker notes to provide the details of your presentation. The general practice is to use no more than 5-6 bullet points per slide. The quality and depth of your speaker’s notes will be significantly factored into your grade.
Title and reference slides should be included. These do not count toward the 10- to 12-slide requirement. In addition to providing references on a reference slide, you need to cite your material in the slides as appropriate; use APA format for your references and citations.
Suggestions for Searching for Illustrations
Use at least 3 images in the presentation. When looking for illustrations to use, it is suggested that you type the subject into a search engine and click “images.” For your presentation, you are allowed to copy and paste images (being sure to cite and reference them). However, you are NOT allowed to copy and paste content, such as text, tables, and the like. As much as possible, your presentation needs to be in your own words.
Do you need to refresh your knowledge concerning PowerPoint? Review this tutorial on PowerPoint Basics.
- Click on the Notes tab on the right side of the tutorial screen to see a transcript of the PowerPoint webinar.
- You can also search online for information concerning best practices about what should and should not be done when creating a PowerPoint presentation.
- As directed in the tutorial above, pay attention to the background and font colors in your presentation—try to avoid using plain black text on a white background, but also avoid using colors that are visually difficult to see (such as yellow text on a light background) or that are unpleasant (such as red text on a yellow background). Strive for a pleasing, visually appealing appearance.
- Reminder: The speaker notes should provide the detail and discussion of your presentation, and everything in the presentation should be in your own words, not copied and pasted from a source.
Once you get frustrated and struggling to accomplish your assignment/homework on time, you need online assignment help. Essay Answers understands your needs and provides you with reliable degree-holding specialists to complete your projects at affordable prices.
Essayanswers.org is a professional and outstanding service with
- Support members available online 24/7 ready to assist you;
- Masters/Degree-holding experts in programming, mathematics, etc.;
- Responsible attitude and on-time delivery;
- Pocket-friendly prices that fit into your budget;
- Secure payment methods and 100% confidentiality;
- & even FREE questions and answers service!
We want to satisfy customers with their positive experience received here – at www.essayanswers.org. We are open to communication and happy to assist our clients.